lørdag den 12. februar 2011

Quad Cam

A long time ago I found one of my cam needle bearings in bad condition. I decided to replace all four bearings to keep the engine healthy.
Today became the day for the replacement, unfortunately it gave me more troubles than expected...

The old bearings have probably been installed since 1964, which means they were completely stock, no matter what I did, only small pieces came off, instead of all of the bearing.
Finally my dad reminded me about the trick to weld the track of the bearing a few places to loosen the track. After that everything went quite smooth.

Out with the old bearings

Empty holes

In with the new bearings

Assemble of the cams

Ingen kommentarer: