onsdag den 19. september 2012

Flanders Fever

After a lot of Flanders influence from the bikes around me in Copenhagen, and sitting day after day in front of the computer and watching cool Flanders and Flanders style handlebars being sold at eBay, I decided to make my own handlebars with BIG inspiration from Flanders.

I found two set of old 1" handlebars with some nice bends, chopped them apart and welded everything up as I wanted it.

For the internal throttle my freind Henrik Tvilling gave me an old springer handlebar end, and in the left hand side I milled a similar connection between the throttle and the handlebars. I milled it as a tight fit, to be able to crimp and solder it on to the bars.

I have always liked a double riser setup, the most famous one might be the one on the Captain America bike from Easy Rider, and the first time I saw the flanders U-riser setup I was in love, so ofcause that's what I had to made for theese bars, combined with a casted Harley riser.
As a start I bourght the cheapest set of 4" Flanders style risers that I could find at eBay, chopped them apart and milled a 7/8" flange from the lower part, to make a smooth connetion to a U-shaped tube.
For the tubing my first idea was to get two bends made by a blacksmith, and after that get them chromed, but luckily one of my freinds had a set of Honda handlebars (7/8") stocked on his shelf, with the correct bends for my riser setup.

Chop, chop..

After approximately 10 manhours and $200, I had this sweet homemade setup for Hydra Glide forks:


Ingen kommentarer: