mandag den 26. november 2012

Tank emblems

To make the gas tanks a bit more sexy, a long time ago I decided to install a set of tank emblems, the only problem was that all the nice original/ original period accessory once really didn't fit the budget with a price of 200-300$... plus shipping, plus taxes.
For that reason I decided to try to see if I could get away with installing a set of replica tank emblems.

I had a set of 1959-1969 replica emblems on stock, and except for the red color I like the design, so I had to at least change the color.
I started with removing the red, after that I gave the chrome some fake patina, and for the last thing I repainted the letters and the background.
For the background I chose dark blue with inspiration from the blue Comiskey tank emblems.


Ingen kommentarer: