søndag den 7. marts 2010

Oil tank; Part I

My oil tank for the pocket rocket is in the progress. With inspiration from the battery boxes in the early 30's I'm making the oiltank squared.

I started to bend some sheet metals in the correct dimentions for the bike.

















I decided to devide the box into two chambers.
By doing this I can use one chamber for circut brakers, wire assembly and the ignition switch.

With inspiration from the aviation I made an inspection hole in the end of the box. I made it as a combined access door and bracket for the ignition switch.

















On top of the tank I welded in a pipe with a brass fitting as oil cap. I still need to make a few more details for the top, but I think things is getting very nice so far.











Ingen kommentarer: